Friday, March 30, 2012

Hide Group Header Elements when Detail Visible

This seems like an easy request but I can't figure it out.
I have a table with multiple groups. Each group header contains subtotal
fields. I want to hide the contents of the subtotal fields on each group
header when that group is expanded but I want the field that contains the
name of the group to remain visible.
Thanks, JonI did this by adding an additional row to the group header.
Put the field that contains the name of the group on row 1 of your header,
and the subtotal field on row 2. Now you can select the field with the group
name to toggle Visibility on or off for both your Details and your Subtotal
field (or row). Leave the Subtotal field visible in the report definition
(Hidden=False), but hide the Details section.
Hth,
Flip
"Jon B" wrote:
> This seems like an easy request but I can't figure it out.
> I have a table with multiple groups. Each group header contains subtotal
> fields. I want to hide the contents of the subtotal fields on each group
> header when that group is expanded but I want the field that contains the
> name of the group to remain visible.
> Thanks, Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment