Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hide Duplicates

I have a query returning a parent table with mutliple child rows. I want the
report to show the info from the parent table and then show all the child
info and then show the next parent info. Setting the parent fields to Hide
Duplicates prints the information the right way, but leaves a blank area
where those fields would have printed. Then below it prints the child table
fields. How can I make it skip the repeated values entirely?Group the table with the Unique Parent field and display the parent info in
group header and child fields in the details part.
"MNicks" wrote:
> I have a query returning a parent table with mutliple child rows. I want the
> report to show the info from the parent table and then show all the child
> info and then show the next parent info. Setting the parent fields to Hide
> Duplicates prints the information the right way, but leaves a blank area
> where those fields would have printed. Then below it prints the child table
> fields. How can I make it skip the repeated values entirely?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment