Friday, March 30, 2012

hide field from user

I have an app that connects to sqlepress. When run the field are loaded from the db. There are some fields that I don't want some of the users to see. Is there a way to do this without hardcoding the 'username' in the applicaton ?

I looked at the explicit permissions for username for the particular table, but I don't understand some of the terms listed.

Alter

Control

References

View definition

Normally you do this by creating a View that exposes just the columns that you want to show to the users. I don't know of any way to control column level access by user, particularly if you don't tell SQL who the users is. I would say that you create specific groups to control access level, then build Views with the right set of columns for each group. Then you can call the appropriate View based on the group membership.

Mike

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment