Monday, March 26, 2012

Hide aspnet_* objects

Hello, I would like to not have to see the aspnet_ tables and stored procedures that are created when using the Membership, roles, and personalization. Currently I have to suffer seeing the handful of tables and 40+ stored procedures in both the Visual Studio and the SQL Management tool. I have found that on a 2000 SQL Server I can execute a command that forces objects to be created as system objects. If I execute this before creating the objects they become system objects and I don't have to see them any longer.

However, this trick doesnot work in SQL Server 2005. So, I would like to know either 1) is there an easy way to hide these objects or 2) is there a way to change the objects to system objects in SQL Server 2005?

CodeGuy

Right click on the tables folder in Management Studio and choose Filter -> Filter settings.

Now create a filter using name NOT CONTAINING aspnet_

Hope it helps

|||

Klaus, thank you for mentioning that. I actually found reference to that as well. Two downsides to that approach, first you have to set the filter upEVERY TIME, because it's not saved. Second, that only helps me a small amount because it only works in the Management Studio.

CodeGuy

|||

Another option would be to use a separate database for the aspnet_* tables... but that has drawbacks aswell. Hope you find a good solution and keep us posted.

|||

Klaus, thank you for the ideas. You suggestion definitely would work, however, I'd prefer to have these objects in the same database for portability reasons.

Anyone else have any good ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment