Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hide documente map

I have a report in which i don't know what I did but it has started
displaying the document map, I know this might be silly but still i haven't
been able to get rid of it, how do I do it?Rodrigo Sánchez wrote:
> I have a report in which i don't know what I did but it has started
> displaying the document map, I know this might be silly but still i haven't
> been able to get rid of it, how do I do it?
I don't normally use document maps, but have you already checked to make
sure that none of the groups have a document map label set? (Will be on
the first tab shown when you go into the "Edit Group..." dialogs.)
That's the first thing I would check for.
-BA|||Almost all reportitems (e.g. matrix, table, list, chart, rectangle, textbox,
line), and groupings (except chart groups where Labels have a different
meaning) have a property called Label. If the Label property is set on any
of these and the label expression returns a value different than Nothing,
the document map will show up.
You can close/hide the document map window if you want to temporarily get
rid of it.
The quickest solution to permanently find&remove all document labels is
probably this:
You can open an RDL file in a XML editor, report designer code view, or
notepad and just search for <Label> elements and remove them. (!) However,
make sure to *not* remove <Label> elements on report parameters or on chart
groupings (because these are the labels shown inside the chart).
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Rodrigo Sánchez" <rodrigoss@.netshoreprogramming.com> wrote in message
news:eSeN$FNrEHA.2696@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I have a report in which i don't know what I did but it has started
> displaying the document map, I know this might be silly but still i
haven't
> been able to get rid of it, how do I do it?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment