Monday, March 26, 2012

hide a column in a matrix

How can I hide a column in a matrix? I set the visibility of the column that
I want hidden to True but it still reserves that space in the report. I want
the hidden column to take up no space.
StephanieOn Sep 25, 10:12 am, Stephanie <Stepha...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> How can I hide a column in a matrix? I set the visibility of the column that
> I want hidden to True but it still reserves that space in the report. I want
> the hidden column to take up no space.
> Stephanie
The best way to control this is to restrict the extra column in the
stored procedure/query that is sourcing the report: via a cursor or
while loop. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thanks for the suggestion. Modifying the query is not the way I want to go.
It is a very complex dynamic query with multiple parameters passed in from
the calling report.
I came up with a much easier solution. I have 2 matrixes in the report.
They are both in rectangles. The rectangles are hidden or visible based on a
passed parameter. It works wonderfully.
Stephanie
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Sep 25, 10:12 am, Stephanie <Stepha...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > How can I hide a column in a matrix? I set the visibility of the column that
> > I want hidden to True but it still reserves that space in the report. I want
> > the hidden column to take up no space.
> >
> > Stephanie
>
> The best way to control this is to restrict the extra column in the
> stored procedure/query that is sourcing the report: via a cursor or
> while loop. Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>

No comments:

Post a Comment